Minimizing spam sign-ups with Leaky Paywall reCAPTCHA
What does the re captcha add-on do?
It helps limit spam registrations from completing on your website.
The way the Leaky Paywall - Recaptcha add-on works is this: If the user gets a bad score from Recaptcha, the registration form cannot be submitted. We try to keep it simple. :-)
Configuring the Leaky Paywall reCAPTCHA Add-on
1. After installing the plugin, go to Leaky Paywall > Settings > General and scroll down to the reCAPTCHA settings.
2. Sign up for a free reCAPTCHA API key from Google. You must be signed in with a Google account.
3. Enter a label for your site (such as your site name), select reCAPTCHA v3, and enter your domain that the reCAPTCHA will be on.
4. Copy the generated Site Key and Secret Key and paste them into the reCAPTCHA settings in Leaky Paywall.
5. Set the Score. Select the lowest score you want to allow to be able to continue registration. reCAPTCHA v3 returns a score (1.0 is very likely a good interaction, 0.0 is very likely a bot). If your subscribers are having trouble passing the recaptcha, lower the score. Google recommends setting it to 0.5 for best results.
5. Click "Save Settings" and your registration form will now be protected from spam registrations. If you are using a caching plugin or a host like WP Engine that uses heavy page caching, we recommend clearing your site's cache after saving your reCAPTCHA settings in Leaky Paywall.