How to manage large Group Accounts using Leaky Paywall Bulk Import
Note: Group Accounts cannot be mass imported using the Leaky Paywall Bulk Import tool. This documentation is an alternative method for mass importing and managing a large number of group-style accounts.
When to use this method: When entering group account members one-by-one is not feasible for your client.
Being able to bulk import and manage large amounts of group-style accounts is crucial when dealing with high-volume clients. In this tutorial, we'll explore an alternative method for managing group-style accounts.
- Under Leaky Paywall -> Settings -> Subscriptions create a custom subscription level for your group. Enter the name of the group (Company ABC) as the subscription level name. Note the level ID.
- Set the subscription level amount for Company ABC. Be sure to hide this plan from your subscription cards.
- After payment from your group-style main subscriber, you'll want to bulk import the email accounts provided by Company ABC matching them to the level ID noted in step 1.
- Make sure that these email accounts match up with the correct level ID. This will help you manage these specific accounts in the future.
Note: The bulk imported accounts will not be given additional time when the main subscriber renews. Expiration dates will need to be managed manually using the Leaky Paywall Bulk Import tool.
- When it's time to update the subscription expiration dates for Company ABC accounts, use the Leaky Paywall Reporting Tool to export only Company ABC accounts.
- Copy and paste the emails and level ID to a Bulk Import template.
- Adjust the expiration date for all users.
- Save as a CSV and import into Leaky Paywall Bulk Import.