Leaky Paywall overview
- The Leaky Paywall meter restricts by X number of free articles over a Y time period. days, weeks, months, years. There is a visibility setting on the post edit screen you can use to override the global meter setting. EG: make an article always free or always require a subscription
- Leaky Paywall subscriber data is simply meta-data (extra data) that is linked to the appropriate WP user. The WP user role is also set to 'subscriber'. This is great for giving subscribers access to Ex: an event calendar... you can easily give all subscriber roles the ability to add new events.
All logins and permissions are handled by the default WP user table. Whether you log in to gain access to your subscription or to reset a password it is a standard WP user action. Leaky Paywall has nothing to do with it.
- Leaky Paywall is designed to show the reader a few articles for free (you should test the meter setting with different numbers of free articles). A minimum of 1 free article is required to let Google index your content and to let each article be shared in social media. Setting the meter to 0 turns Leaky Paywall into a hard paywall and forces a subscription. Once the meter is used up, the article excerpt is displayed along with the prompt to subscribe. Here is a good article on testing the meter setting: https://zeen101.com/hardening-metered-paywall-can-triple-paid-subscriptions/ I wouldn’t use time based limiters as visitors have different reading speeds and get interrupted, etc
- We have individual article restrictions (Leaky Visibility setting) so you can make any article always free (or always requiring a subscription) on the post edit screen
- Payment gateway: We support Stripe.com and PayPal by default. We have a WooCommerce subscriptions add-on to let you access all payment gateways Woo supports. We have also integrated with several fulfillment providers: CyberSource, MagHub, PSA, PCS, RunMags, Palm Coast Data, Interlink, ESPComp.com, and other in-house CRMs
- Subscription levels: You can sell daily, weekly, monthly, annual subscriptions, both one time and recurring
- You can offer coupons, gift subscriptions, corporate subscriptions (both email based and IP exceptions), group subscriptions, as well as a premium archive access level (you can charge more for older archive content). See our addons
- Removing ads for subscribers: Yes. If you use our Ad Dropper plugin to display ads you can set it to hide ads for logged in subscribers per subscription level
- Tracking behavior of logged in subscribers can be accomplished via our Leaky Paywall Insights and Google analytics https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3123666.
- Leaky Paywall meter: it counts articles read based on browser, so yes by default users can bounce around with different browsers. We have an IP restriction solution available to restrict incognito mode and changing browsers
- Leaky Paywall: you can deactivate the plugin at any time. Anyone who has registered has a WP user in the database and the information is saved for when you reactivate it
- Conversion percentages are pretty impossible to provide as it depends on content, audience and pricing. The best way to maximize subscriptions is through testing. Also proper email marketing, social marketing, content packaging are an essential for growth. Here is a video worth watching on how to leverage your archives a sell a premium archive subscription level: https://zeen101.com/metered-paywall-doubled-subscriptions-texas-news-publisher/
- Make sure you read this article for what's possible: https://zeen101.com/20-best-leaky-paywall-features/