How to set up renewal reminders
Leaky Paywall can automatically send a reminder email in advance of a subscription expiring, and for auto-renewals.
Send a reminder email to NON-recurring subscribers
- Head over to Leaky Paywall/Settings and choose the Email tab
- Scroll down and uncheck the “Disable the renewal reminder…”
- Give you email a subject and add some motivating copy. You might want to add a coupon code for a discount
- Choose how many days in advance to send the reminder email
- Save your settings. That’s it!
Please note: This email is NOT sent to subscribers on a recurring level since they will be charged automatically when their renewal date arrives.
Send a reminder email to Recurring subscribers
With Stripe, this can be done directly in your Stripe dashboard.
There is a also a webhook event from Stripe called invoice.upcoming that fires a few days before a recurring subscription renews. You can use that webhook to trigger your own email or similar action.