How to set up a free registration wall to build your email list
Watch this video to learn how to set up a free registration to build your email list. Text instructions below:
- This video will go over why setting a registration wall is critical to your paid subscription success.
- Here is a case study on using this approach to quickly build your email list.
How to set up your free registration wall
- Go to Leaky Paywall/Settings in your dashboard.
- Click on the Subscriptions tab.
- Create a new subscription level with a price of $0 and it will generate the free level subscription
- Set the Subscription length to Forever
- Set your Access options to how many articles the free level should give access to each time period... Ex: month (see screenshot below)
- Under Leaky Paywall >> Settings make sure you update your Subscribe or Login Message (HTML accepted) to motivate your free registration. Here is an effective initial subscription nag:
- Under Leaky Paywall >> Settings also make sure you update your Upgrade Message to motivate anyone registered to upgrade/pay for premium access. This will trigger for a logged in free registered user after they have exhausted their free allotment of articles. Here is a good example:
When a new free subscriber decides to register you can also use our Custom Registration fields add-on to capture additional subscriber info on the registration form.
You can also let subscribers opt-in to other newsletters (using MailChimp Groups) with our MailChimp add-on.